2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Chicago Tribune 11/23/2002. I prepared the rolls for Thanksgiving dinner and they were a big success. (The leftovers made for a great breakfast)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour, sugar, salt and yeast in bowl of an electric mixer with a dough hook.
- 2Add pumpkin puree and warm milk.
- 3Mix on low speed, scraping down sides of bowl until ingredients come together.
- 4Turn speed to medium.
- 5Add butter one piece at a time, incorporating each piece into mixture before adding another.
- 6Mix dough until silky, 5 minutes.
- 7If dough is too wet, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 8(Or, combine ingredients in a large bowl. Turn out on a lightly floured board; knead by hand, about 6 minutes.) Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap; let rise until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- 10Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; divide into 18 pieces.
- 11Roll each piece between hands to make a ball.
- 12Place on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal, leaving 2 inches between rolls.
- 13Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour, 45 minutes.
- 14Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 15Bake rolls until they are golden brown and they have a hollow sound when tapped, 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 244.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g