3 hrs 25 mins
These are very light rolls pleasantly flavored with pumpkin, that could be served with a main dish. Home cooked pumpkin could be used instead of the canned pumpkin. BTW, one 15 oz can of pumpkin contains about 2 cups. This recipe yields about 3 pounds of dough. Prep time includes rising times. Each roll is 1 1/2 oz
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put warm water into a large bowl and sprinkle the yeast over the surface; stir to moisten yeast and wait a few minutes for it to start dissolving.
- 2Stir in pumpkin, butter, sugar, egg, salt and 3 cups of the flour.
- 3Beat until smooth.
- 4Mix in enough remaining flour to make a dough that can be handled, but still soft.
- 5Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 6Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
- 7Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
- 8Punch down dough and divide it in half.
- 9Round off each half to make 16 balls, place the dough balls into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- 10Do the same with the remaining dough.
- 11Let rise until double, about 45 minutes.
- 12Heat oven to 350º F.
- 13Bake until golden and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 14(In my oven there were areas that browned too quickly; I covered them with foil and continued baking until done.).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g