This dessert has extreme pumpkin flavor, with a crust that is so buttery, flakey and light, if you prefer a less sweeter filling just add in 3/4 cup sugar --- the crust must be mixed on the food processor or it will not have the same texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Set oven to second-lowest position.
- 3Butter an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- 4To make the crust: process all crust ingredients on a food processor for about 30 seconds until well blended.
- 5Press the mixture lightly into the prepared baking pan.
- 6Bake crust for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- 7Meanwhile prepare the filling.
- 8With an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese with 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar for about 2 minutes.
- 9Add in eggs and beat well until combined.
- 10Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla and melted butter; mix until combined.
- 11In a small cup combine flour, cinnamon and allspice, then add to the pumpkin mixture; mix about 1-2 minutes.
- 12Pour over the partially baked crust, and return to oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until just set.
- 13Serve at room temperature or chilled, cut into squares with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Dessert Squares With Shortbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4244.6
- Calories from Fat 2580
- Total Fat 286.7 g
- Saturated Fat 176.3 g
- Cholesterol 1283.0 mg
- Sodium 2415.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 381.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 252.4 g
- Protein 52.4 g