Recipe by Cookin-jo
Every year we make a trip to the US to shop and one of my favourite places to shop is the Williams-Sonoma store. This year they were serving samples of this made with their own Pecan Pumpkin Butter and giving away the recipe. Since I can't buy the pumpkin butter here I adapted the recipe to use a butter recipe already on Zaar. Absolutely delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin butter (I used Spicy Pumpkin Butter, takes 10 minutes to make)
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out one cup of the cake mix and set aside for the topping.
- Mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup melted butter, then mix in 1 egg.
- Press lightly and evenly into a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Mix the pumpkin butter with 2 eggs and the milk.
- Spread pumpkin butter over the cake base evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the pumpkin.
- Mix the 1 cup reserved cake mix with the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add softened butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Note: If you're making your own pumpkin butter let it cool before using in this recipe.
- Prep and cook times do not include the time to make the pumpkin butter.