Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Every year we make a trip to the US to shop and one of my favourite places to shop is the Williams-Sonoma store. This year they were serving samples of this made with their own Pecan Pumpkin Butter and giving away the recipe. Since I can't buy the pumpkin butter here I adapted the recipe to use a butter recipe already on Zaar. Absolutely delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin butter (I used Spicy Pumpkin Butter, takes 10 minutes to make)
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Measure out one cup of the cake mix and set aside for the topping.
- Mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup melted butter, then mix in 1 egg.
- Press lightly and evenly into a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Mix the pumpkin butter with 2 eggs and the milk.
- Spread pumpkin butter over the cake base evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the pumpkin.
- Mix the 1 cup reserved cake mix with the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add softened butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Note: If you're making your own pumpkin butter let it cool before using in this recipe.
- Prep and cook times do not include the time to make the pumpkin butter.
This recipe is amazing!
takes a little while when you do evrything from scratch but worth it! i made my own cake mix with 2 cups flour, 1 cup and a quarter of sugar 2&1/2 tsp bakingpowder and a pinch of salt. Tasted great, got rave reviews from friends, and it looks like a lot of work b/c of the differing layers. when you spread the first layer of cake it will seem a bit thin like there isnt enough but DONT worry, it should just be able to cover the bottom of the pan. great!
Excellent!! Will make this yummy dessert again soon!! Thanks for submitting.