Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is like a pumpkin dump cake. It is very rich, not for those who are counting calories. :o)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup carnation condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 white cake mix or 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- whipped cream
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
- Press cake mixture slightly.
- Sprinkle nuts over cake mix.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325*.
- Top with whipped cream.
It was good, no one at the table got all excited over it. Just thought it was a nice alternative to pumpkin pie.
I followed the recipe and I would not change anything. The best Pumpkin Dessert, I will make it many times. The only thing I could not find was if it needed to go in the refrig. My husband said better than pie.
OH MY GOODNESS! OK, SO EVERYONE LOVED THIS!!!!! It called my name at all times of the day, so I thought I better share with my mom's office and mine , or I'd eaten the whole pan. So good, what a great alternative to regular ol' pumpkin pie!