Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Someone in my daughter's college speech class made this for their demonstration speech. My daughter loved it and got the recipe for me. I love it too.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- chopped pecans (optional and to taste)
- Mix margarine, sugar, graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 12 oz Cool Whip until blended; spread over crust.
- Make pudding with ½ of the milk called for on the box.
- Mix well with pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Spread over first layer.
- Spread cool whip over pumpkin layer and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate until cold.
This was a huge hit at my daughter's Communion party! Looked and tasted delicious and was pretty easy to put together, too. I let it chill about 12 hours before serving and the flavors really came together. Lots of recipe requests, too! A couple of my kids said it tasted like pumpkin pie, which is their favorite. Thanks for posting this unique recipe :)
I made this for Thanksgiving and I think I may have made a mistake. Like Gingerbear, we found the pumpkin filling should have been sweeter. The list of ingredients listed canned pumpkin but not what kind of canned pumpkin. I used the puree, but think that had I used pumpkin pie filling instead, this may have been more of what I was expecting. I'll try this again sometime and use the pie filling and see what happens. I think I will also use cream cheese flavored instant pudding mix in place of the vanilla. Since I may have used the wrong ingredient, I won't rate this at this time.
I have been searching the internet for several hours for this recipe!!! I am really surprised that Libby's doesn't have this on their site. Plan to make this today to serve along with several other desserts on Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing!!!