1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An absolutely delightful pumpkin pie. It is rather rich but "OH", so good. This recipe was given to me by Jackie Olden in Palm Springs, CA who is a recipe developer, radio show host and has her own TV cooking show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 19 fluid ounces pumpkin pie filling (suggest E.D.Smith pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 1 box lemon cake mix (suggest Duncan Hines lemon cake mix, 18 oz.)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl blend together eggs and pumpkin pie filling using a whisk.
- 3Blend in sugar, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- 4Whisk in evaporated milk, blend well.
- 5Pour mixture into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan or an oven-proof casserole dish.
- 6Sprinkle cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
- 7Spoon melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- 8Sprinkle chopped pecans over butter.
- 9Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- 10To test for doneness, insert a wooden teter or wooden toothpick into center.
- 11When it comes out clean, the Pumpkin Delight is done.
- 12Cool on a wire rack.
- 13In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until it just starts to thicken slightly.
- 14Add vanilla extract and beat for 10 seconds.
- 15Add sugar gradually and continue to beat until thickened.
- 16Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Delight
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.4
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 763.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g