Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the In Search of the Lost Taste cookbook.
Make and share this Pumpkin Custard W/ Toasted Nuts, Frangelico Cream & Chocolat recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup soy cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted salted nuts
- 1⁄2 cup Frangelico
- 1 cup chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla or 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnut soymilk
- Blend pumpkin, margarine, half of the vegan cream cheese, 1 cup soy milk, nutmeg, salt, half of the vanilla, flour, cornstarch, 1 1/2 cup sugar, half of the Frangelico, and if you want a little cinnamon, go for it.
- Bake in a lightly-greased casserole dish at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool, chill and allow to set.
- Blend/Whip the rest of the Frangelico, sugar, vegan cream cheese, lemon juice and chill that or even freeze it briefly (still needs to be soft though).
- Melt chocolate in 1/2 cup soy milk with the rest of the vanilla and a little nutmeg.
- Cool and serve with the rest -add more liquid if it firms up too much.
- Put some nuts on top of each serving.