Recipe by KTT
This is pumpkin pie for you dieters.. DELICIOUS, healthy, and so easy. It has no crust, which eliminates 100s of calories but still holds its shape--Creamy, spicy, absolutely delicious.
Top Review by ShortieNJ
this was definitely good - made it for my grandfather (who can only eat pureed food now) for christmas...of course i tried it too, and I'd make it again to keep carbs down. i did use 2% evaporated milk instead of fat free and I used prepacked egg white, so I didn't even have to beat them, just added them at the end. don't know where other people had problems. thanks for posting
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour (I use whole wheat)
- 4 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees, spray a pie pan/tart pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites in a large bowl, mix until smoothly incorporated.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until they are smooth and lose a bit of their elasticity. Combine with pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, carefully put into the oven.*Tip: Put it on a cookie sheet!
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool and CHILL,THEN enjoy. :).