Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is pumpkin pie for you dieters.. DELICIOUS, healthy, and so easy. It has no crust, which eliminates 100s of calories but still holds its shape--Creamy, spicy, absolutely delicious.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees, spray a pie pan/tart pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites in a large bowl, mix until smoothly incorporated.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until they are smooth and lose a bit of their elasticity. Combine with pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, carefully put into the oven.*Tip: Put it on a cookie sheet!
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool and CHILL,THEN enjoy. :).
this was definitely good - made it for my grandfather (who can only eat pureed food now) for christmas...of course i tried it too, and I'd make it again to keep carbs down. i did use 2% evaporated milk instead of fat free and I used prepacked egg white, so I didn't even have to beat them, just added them at the end. don't know where other people had problems. thanks for posting
I'm so sorry but this was not something we liked at all. Perhaps the directions for the egg needs to be more clear. I beat the eggs to a loose foam...what exactly is "smooth and lose a bit of their elasticity"? Nothing like a custard to us at all. Had to throw away.
Excellent, I loved this. I only added 1/3 cup of sugar and it was great. This had excellent flavor. Thanks so much for posting.