Recipe by wheatlessinseattle
This pumpkin custard is a great comfort food choice. It is made with stevia and you can't taste the difference. Stevia is a better choice than Splenda since it's naturally calorie-free.
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (you can use the can, but it's really good fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened evaporated skim milk (12 ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepare eight 6-ounce baking cups, such as custard cups or ramekins, with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Arrange the cups in a shallow, flat-bottomed baking pan.
- Blend pumpkin, evaporated milk, stevia and spices in a mixer.
- Whip up your eggs till fluffy, add to mix and fold together.
- Pour the custard into the baking cups.
- Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cups from the hot water and cool at room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Serve warm with fresh-home made whip cream if desired.