A perfect ending for a Caribbean or West African meal or for a New England harvest supper!
Make and share this Pumpkin Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (16 ounce can, Be sure it's an unsweetened puree, not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk (12 ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup or 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- fresh apple, slices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Prepare eight 6-ounce baking cups, such as custard cups or ramekins, with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Arrange the cups in a shallow, flat-bottomed baking pan.
- Whirl all of the ingredients except the apple slices in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the custared into the baking cups.
- Pour boiling water into the baking pan to about a 2-inch depth.
- Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cups from the hot water and cool at room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Serve chilled, garnished with fresh apple slices, if desired.