1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Custard
A perfect ending for a Caribbean or West African meal or for a New England harvest supper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (16 ounce can, Be sure it's an unsweetened puree, not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk (12 ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup or 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- fresh apple, slices (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350*.
- 2Prepare eight 6-ounce baking cups, such as custard cups or ramekins, with a light coating of cooking spray.
- 3Arrange the cups in a shallow, flat-bottomed baking pan.
- 4Whirl all of the ingredients except the apple slices in a blender until smooth.
- 5Pour the custared into the baking cups.
- 6Pour boiling water into the baking pan to about a 2-inch depth.
- 7Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Remove the cups from the hot water and cool at room temperature, then refrigerate.
- 9Serve chilled, garnished with fresh apple slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Custard
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g