Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light's 1990 Annual Cookbook. I can't wait to try this during the fall!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- plain nonfat yogurt (optional)
- Combine eggs and half of milk in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add remaining milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla; beat at low speed until well blended.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into a 1-qt casserole that has been coated with cooking spray. Baked uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until custard is set. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes and top with yogurt, if desired. Serve warm.