Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great fall soup. I really love this for its fall flavors and spicy kick. A hearty earthy bread is a great compliment. I pair this with a sturdy white wine or a sweet red.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, roasted
- In 3-4 quart saucepan combine onion, ginger, curry, and 1/2 cup of broth. Cook over high heat stirring occasionally until liquid evaporates and brown bits stick to the pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to pan and scrape brown bits. Stir often until liquid again evaporates and browned bits form again. Repeat the deglazing process until onion is brown and pan is dry. About 20 minutes.
- Add remaining broth, milk, and pumpkin. Stir free bottom of pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to low.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and seeds.