Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great fall or thanksgiving soup!
Make and share this Pumpkin Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Melt butter in large saucepan over med-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and pumpkin; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, do not boil. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender; and blend until smooth. Serve warm.