Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is rich and delicious. It can be served either hot or cold and is delicious both ways. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (64 ounce) can chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup curry powder (yes 1/4 cup is correct)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Major Grey chutney
- chopped apples or toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients apples and or pinenuts.
- Mix well with an electric mixer until chutney is chopped into small pieces.
- Serve either hot, not boiling or chilled.
- I prefer to serve it with toasted pinenuts.
This is a great recipe that we got from the deli I used to work at. I like the soup best chilled, with the toasted pinenuts and Granny Smith apples, sliced thin and then chopped. You can also substitute milk for some of the half and half if you are worried about calories, but use at least some half and half to get that creamy flavor.