Recipe by mandabears
This is rich and delicious. It can be served either hot or cold and is delicious both ways. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Buggybears
This is a great recipe that we got from the deli I used to work at. I like the soup best chilled, with the toasted pinenuts and Granny Smith apples, sliced thin and then chopped. You can also substitute milk for some of the half and half if you are worried about calories, but use at least some half and half to get that creamy flavor.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (64 ounce) can chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup curry powder (yes 1/4 cup is correct)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Major Grey chutney
- chopped apples or toasted pine nuts, for garnish