1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Curry
I love this vegetarian curry. It's colourful, cheap and filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the chillis, garlic, ginger, spices, water and coconut milk on a bowl.
- 2Get a large frying pan and heat a bit of butter in it.
- 3Put the pumpkin cubes, mushrooms and onions into the pan and sauté for a few minutes until the onions start to soften.
- 4Then add the coconut mixture then bring the boil then reduce heat and simmer until the pumpkin is tender but not overcooked.
- 5Depending on how large your cubes of pumpkin are, you may need to add more water, 1/2 cup at a time, to keep the pan from getting too dry.
- 6When the pumpkin is cooked and the sauce is thick, take off the heat and let sit for two minutes.
- 7Add a bit of salt, if desired.
- 8Serve over plain white rice accompanied with pappadums and lime pickle.
- 9You may also like a handful of raisins in the curry, or on the side to help counterbalance the heat!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Curry
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.1
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: