Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from Olive Oil Baking by Lisa Sheldon.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 29.58 ml wheat germ
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1 egg (or substitute with 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml currants or 236.59 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. In another bowl, blend the egg, vanilla, olive oil, pumpkin and brown sugar with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the currants or raisins, then the walnuts.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. (I used a tablespoon.) Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until just the top is firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.