Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from Olive Oil Baking by Lisa Sheldon.
Make and share this Pumpkin Currant Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg (or substitute with 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup currants or 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. In another bowl, blend the egg, vanilla, olive oil, pumpkin and brown sugar with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the currants or raisins, then the walnuts.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. (I used a tablespoon.) Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until just the top is firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.