Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Libby's "The great pumpkin cookbook". It taste just like Libby's pumpkin pie without the crust. I make it even lower in fat by using skim evaporated milk. I have tried using egg substitutes, but the custard doesn't set as firmly as with the whole eggs. If you like Libby's pumpkin pie, you will surely like these individual little servings. Remember fresh quality spices make all the difference.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in the order given; pour into eight 6oz. greased custard cups (I thoroughly spray with non stick spray, it's easier).
- Set the custard cups in a shallow pan; fill the shallow pan with hot water (about half way up the custard cups).
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of the pumpkin custard comes out clean.
- Chill; top with whipped cream and slivered crytallized ginger, if desired.
- (Though not as decadent as whipped cream and crytallized ginger, I sprinkle the custards with toasted wheatgerm while still hot, then I let them cool. Very tasty, very healthy, though probably not too convincing to some).