Recipe by CrinV
I made these for thanksgiving and then again the week after - so delish! Will definitely be making again and again Adapted from David Leite via Smitten Kitchen Yield: 17 to 18 cupcakes
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for greasing pans
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 473.18 ml icing sugar
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the cupcakes:.
- Preheat the oven to 350° (175°C). Line a cupcake pan with 18 liners.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time to the mixer, scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Add vanilla to buttermilk.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Beat in the pumpkin until smooth.
- Scoop the batter among the cupcake liners — you’re looking to get them 3/4 full.
- Rap the filled pans once on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on racks completely.
- Make the frosting:.
- ?In a stand mixer beat all the ingredients on medium until fluffy.