I made these for thanksgiving and then again the week after - so delish! Will definitely be making again and again Adapted from David Leite via Smitten Kitchen Yield: 17 to 18 cupcakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for greasing pans
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 473.18 ml icing sugar
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 1Make the cupcakes:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350° (175°C). Line a cupcake pan with 18 liners.
- 3In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl.
- 5Add the eggs 1 at a time to the mixer, scraping down the sides after each addition.
- 6Add vanilla to buttermilk.
- 7Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour.
- 8Beat in the pumpkin until smooth.
- 9Scoop the batter among the cupcake liners — you’re looking to get them 3/4 full.
- 10Rap the filled pans once on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- 11Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on racks completely.
- 12Make the frosting:.
- 13?In a stand mixer beat all the ingredients on medium until fluffy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cupcakes With Maple–Cream Cheese Frosting?
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g