Recipe by invictus
These are so good and so pumpkiny. Perfect during the fall months!
Top Review by KSheets715
I was told from my daughters boyfriend this was the best cupcake he has ever had! I did find that the icing recipe could be cut in half. As someone who loves pumpkin anything this is a great recipe. My husband also loved these cupcakes and normally doesn't like pumpkin treats because they often have to much spice used in them. All around sucess in my household!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric blender until blended. Add sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, pumpkin, oil and milk. Stir in pecans and dates if desired.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into cups, filling them ¾ full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Blend softened cheese and butter in mixer. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat in enough milk or cream to reach desired consistency. Frost each cooled muffin with a bit of frosting before serving.