Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
adapted from marthstewart.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugars, butter, and eggs. The add the dry ingredients and whisk them inches Whish in pumpkin puree. Taste and adjust spices.
- Fill cupcake papers about ½-2/3 full. Bake until they spring back to touch and a cake tester comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.