Recipe by Calee
Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing
Top Review by Barbell Bunny
Absolutely AMAZING! I bought a can of pumpkin when it finally came in stock, and have been waiting for a worthy recipe to use it on. I opted to make pumpkin muffins, so I didn't use the frosting; otherwise, I followed the recipe to the tee. These guys are so moist! I was able to make 12 muffins and 3 mini muffins. I added toasted walnuts to some of the batch, which was a great idea. I plan on making these again this week with the walnuts. Also, I watched mine and ceased baking at 15 minutes, so be sure to keep an eye on yours!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup icing sugar
- orange sprinkles (optional)
- In large bowl, sift and whisk flour,sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set a side.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, blend in pumpkin, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour over dry ingredients stir until just moistened.
- Spoon into large paper-lined muffins cups or spray with Pam. Filling to top.
- Bake at 375 oven 18-22 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla, beat in sugar until smooth. Spread on cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles or a butterscotch chip on top.
- Varitation to this is to add a handful of butterscotch baking chips into the mix just before baking.