Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is the best, light and fluffy , just like a true cupcake should be.
- 3⁄4 cup soft salted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each to blend.
- Blend in oil.
- Add canned pumpkin and mix.
- Sift all measured dry ingredients together to blend.
- Add dry blend alternating with the buttermilk, starting with the flour and ending with flour.
- Blend well.
- Pour 3/4 full into each cupcake liner.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes until tester comes away clean.
- Check at the 20 minutes mark.
- Remove when done to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the butter and blend very well, until fluffy and smooth.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and icing powder, use only the amount you need to your desired thickness for spreading.
- Frost .
- They store in a covered container very well, they are fluffy like a true cupcake, and yet moist.