Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Robinhood flour
Make and share this Pumpkin Crunch Mini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries (optional)
- 158.51 ml milk
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- brown sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 400º F (200º C).
- Spray 24 mini muffin cups with vegetable spray.
- COMBINE first 8 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- In smaller bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, vegetable oil and egg.
- ADD liquid ingredients to to dry ingredients, mixing only until moistened. Fill muffin cups. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- BAKE at 400º F (200º C) for 15 - 18 minutes, or until golden.
Mmmm... These muffins are not too sweet and wonderfully moist. The directions were simple and spot on. I was worried that perhaps the 1 Tablespoon of baking powder might be a typo, but since this recipe already had a great review on it, I held true and it worked great! The batter is very airy and I feel that this is what takes the pumpkin to a very delicate texture. We loved the brown sugar topping, it was great! I used Sunmaid fruit bits which has cranberries in and next time I will add some chopped pecans too. I also used regular sized tins and got 12 muffins in 18 minutes. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe. :)
I thought the 1 T baking powder was a typo, and made these with 1 t instead. IT IS NOT A TYPO! My muffins have great flavor, but lousy texture. Will make these again--with the full amount of baking powder--so that I can share the result with friends!
will have to try again. i was underwhelmed, esp. after the previous reviews. however, perhaps it was something i did, so i will maybe give it another shot soon.