Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
To give credit where credit is due: I found this recipe at WalMart on a display for Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix. I changed the recipe a bit though.I doubled the ingredients for the topping-- BELOW IS MY VERSION OF THE TOPPING!!
- 2 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups libby's easy pumpkin pie mix (29 oz can)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 oblong casserole dish.
- COMBINE 3 cups yellow cake mix, eggs, pumpkin pie mix, and pumpkin pie spice in large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until moistened. Then beat on medium for 3 or so minutes (it will be dorts fluffy). Pour into the greased pan.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup cake mix, coconut, and nuts into a food processor. Add small cubes of the softened butter and PULSE it. Though it will be moist, it doesn't need to be a small ball rolling around the processor. If you don't have a food processor, you can cut the butter in with two knives. After you have the consistancy you want, sprinkle over the batter. This step's ingredients is up to you. Just sorta eyeball it!
- BAKE for 25-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.