Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe out of the Houston Chronicle. It is served at a local place and is wonderful!!
Make and share this Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the pumpkin, milk, sugar, salt and eggs together.
- Pour batter into 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the pumpkin mixture, then scatter the pecans over the cake mix.
- Thinly slice the butter and dot the slices over the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
I have made this many times before. My sister gave me the recipe. Which she got from a friends mom. It is so easy and quick. The recipe that I have doesnt call for the extra sugar it is sweet enough with just the cake mix. Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this recipe out it sounds just as good.