Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Another "crunch" this time with pumpkin. Feel free to add some pumpkin pie spice to this but the spice cake does add some spice!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pumpkin pie filling
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup melted butter or 1 cup margarine
- Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Pour in pumpkin pie filling.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top.
- Pour butter over the top.
- Bake at 325 for 70-75 minutes.
This was a good quick dessert. Good with cool whip on top (ice cream might be even better!)
Very good. I made it with gingerbread cake mix instead of spice cake. Great flavor!
It must be me but I am having trouble finding 8 ounce cans of pumpking pie filling. Can't rate until I figure this out but would really like to make this! UPDATE! 11-19/09 I took a leap of faith and just used a 30oz can of Pumpkin Pie Mix but followed the rest as written. It was outstanding and my co-workers loved it!