Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a super easy, wonderful tasting pumpkin dessert. The topping tastes almost like a praline. I always get requests for the recipe when taking this somewhere!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix (I use pudding in the mix cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a 13X9 inch pan. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl, using whisk to ensure it's mixed well. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This was wonderful. I will be adding this to my list of regularly prepared dishes for the holidays. Thanks for posting. Prepared for spring PAC '08.
I couldn't decide whether to make pumpkin pie or pecan pie at Thanksgiving, and came across this recipe. I made it exactly as stated, and it was super easy. My husband loved it, and even my son (who really wanted a pumpkin pie) thought this was great! This will be a holiday regular now!