Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful dessert for anyone who likes pumpkin!!
Make and share this Pumpkin Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin spice, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and salt in a large bowl. Pour into a 9"X13" baking dish.
- Mix pecans and yellow cake mix (dry, do not make cake mix) and pour over pumpkin mixture.
- Melt butter or margarine and drizzle over top. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool completely.
- If desired, top with whipped topping and serve.
I thought the flavor of this was spectacular. The pumpkin spice gives a nice kick. I did think the bottom ended up being soggy though. I cooked it for the hour and also did the toothpick coming out clean thing, but maybe I should have cooked it just a little longer. On the other hand, maybe I was expecting more of a cake and its not a cake. Either way the flavor was great
This was a really good and easy dessert. Perfect for fall get togethers! I put some foil to prevent the pecans from burning after 30 minutes of baking. Yum! Make sure you serve it with Cool Whip...its what makes it even better! :) Also, I did not mix the cake mix and the pecans - I sprinkled the cake mix then the pecans on top of that....