Recipe by ShortyBond
A wonderful dessert for anyone who likes pumpkin!!
Top Review by Kim127
I thought the flavor of this was spectacular. The pumpkin spice gives a nice kick. I did think the bottom ended up being soggy though. I cooked it for the hour and also did the toothpick coming out clean thing, but maybe I should have cooked it just a little longer. On the other hand, maybe I was expecting more of a cake and its not a cake. Either way the flavor was great
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 (12 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin spice, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and salt in a large bowl. Pour into a 9"X13" baking dish.
- Mix pecans and yellow cake mix (dry, do not make cake mix) and pour over pumpkin mixture.
- Melt butter or margarine and drizzle over top. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool completely.
- If desired, top with whipped topping and serve.