I first saw this recipe on a Betty Crocker box and hunted it down for many years with no luck. I've come across this recipe again, but have added some variations of my own. It's the perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds (if you're a fan, pecans work, too) or 3/4 cup walnuts (if you're a fan, pecans work, too)
- 1 teaspoon creme fraiche (home-made with cinnamon is excellent with this cake) or 1 teaspoon whipped cream, per piece (home-made with cinnamon is excellent with this cake)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl beat all cake ingredients together until smooth. Pour into pan.
- 2In medium bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 5Garnish, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Crumble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 398.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g