Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An awesome autumn recipe for your family or guest.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter (you can use margarine, but butter is better)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter (chilled)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease and flour a 13x9 inch pan.
- Measure 1 cup of the cake mix and reserve for the topping.
- Mix the remaining cake mix, 8 Tbsp butter and 1 egg in a large bowl.
- Blend with electric mixer on low speed until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Using your fingers press the mixture over the bottom of the pan until it reaches the sides.
- For the filling, mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and cinnamon on medium speed until for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the batter in the baking pan and smooth to the side with a spatula.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar the chilled butter and the reserved cake mix until crumbly.
- Use your fingers to knead the pecans into this mixture then distribute evenly over the filling mixture.
- Bake the cake until the center is firm and the pecans are browned, 70 to 75 minutes.
- Let cool about 20 minutes and serve with your favorite whipped cream topping.