Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe from one of my many food magazines. Wanted a safe place to keep it until I have time to try it.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Walnut Crisp Topping
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared dish.
- In medium bowl combine brown sugar, oats, walnuts, flour and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over pumpkin mix.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is set and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
I got this from another mom on the internet. My DH and I really enjoyed it. It has very little flour, so is that low-carb? Anyways, I didn't use the walnuts bcz my kids don't like nuts, so I added more oats. However, they didn't eat it! So, next time, I'll use the nuts. I would add just a little more sugar (I used Sucanat)in the pumpkin next time. The topping is great.
this is a Paula Deen recipe I think I had it at my friends house and its WONDERFUL