Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my husband's favorite dessert. We got the recipe from his uncle Larry. I have made it for my family and it has been requested that I bring it to Thanksgiving again this year. I also made it for a BBQ this summer, and a friend who came to the BBQ asked for the recipe so she could make it for Thanksgiving. It's great anytime, but its a must in my house for Thanksgiving.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salted butter (use real butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use more, 2 t. )
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- Mix together; Evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, cinnamon. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top.
- Melt butter. Pour slowly over top of cake mix. Checker pattern works well.
- Cook 1 hour @ 350 degrees. Cool 2 hours before icing.
- Mix with a mixer, cool whip, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread on top.
- Optional topping- pecans, or walnuts.
- Not as good if made ahead of time. The cake mix becomes soft. Best the same day. Or make the night before.
- Less fat variations.
- (Sub 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg).
- (3/4 cup sugar).
- (1/2 cup powdered sugar).
- (fat free evaporated milk ).
- (1/2 tub cool whip).
- (4 oz cream cheese).
This the one of the most delicious recipes that I have tasted! It just melts in your mouth!! I can't wait to make it for my family this Thanksgiving :)