Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
From Southern Living. Easy and delicious great for a different spin on pumpkin pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagebutter-flavor yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- whipped cream (optional)
- ground nutmeg (optional)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Whipped Cream, if desired.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
This was awesome!!! I will make this every year from now on. Definitely not low fat, but who cares! My husband could have eaten the whole pan if I would have let him. No changes needed. Perfect!!
The cake mix topping made this dessert too sweet for my liking. The filling was tasty, though. I think next time I would make my own topping from scratch.
I love it when fall finally gets here so I can make this dessert. It is absolutely the best pumpkins dessert there is!!! And it is sooo easy to make!The only change I made was to use 3tsp pumpkin pie spice mix.