This recipe calls for apple juice which is different from other recipes I've seen. Nice treat for Thanksgiving! I haven't made this yet so please note that my recipe was from a community cookbook and it was missing some steps. I added step 5 because it was the only way I could see getting the pumpkin in with the yolk mixture before chilling! I also guessed what should be done with the vanilla bean. I suggested removing it at one point, but please do what you think is best and let me know!
My Private Note
pie siz ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large non-aluminum saucepan, simmer over low heat, the pumpkin, apple juice, cinnamon, ginger and 3 tablespoons of the honey. Reduce to 1 cup.
- 2Heat cream and vanilla bean to boiling and combine with pumpkin mixture.
- 3Simmer until reduced to 2 cups. (Remove vanilla bean?).
- 4Place egg yolks, the 2 remaining tablespoons honey and 5 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl, in a pan of simmering water and whisk over low heat until you reach the consistency of custard.
- 5Combine all ingredients and mix well. (This was not in my recipe but I guessed it needs to be here before chilling!).
- 6Pour into a pie dish and chill.
- 7Before serving, sprinkle with 1 tablespoons of sugar and glaze under boiler.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Creme Brulee With a Hint of Honey
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.9
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 360.4 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: