Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Taste of Home Magazine, October & November 2009
Make and share this Pumpkin Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in the pumpkin, vanilla and spices.
- Transfer to eight 6-oz ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will juggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with remaining sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Broil 8 inches from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
I cut this in half, and it came out beautifully :) I even screwed up the spices, between running back and forth to the computer, omitting nutmeg and replacing with allspice. It still came out delicious--creamy and decadent just like creme brulee should be!!