Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Taken in a book from Marie-Josee Taillefer. The Creme Brulee with be good in the fridge for 1 week. When ready to serve, garnish with brown sugar and grill.
- Preheat the oven at 300°F To obtain pumpkin puree, steam the pumpkin flesh or cook in a marguerite. Pureed in food processor and set aside.
- With a sharp knife, open the vanilla bean in half lenghtwise and scratch the inside.
- Add the inside of the vanilla bean to the cream and heat in a casserole.
- When it begins to simmer, remove from the heat. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together egg yolks and sugar 3 to 4 minutes with a whisk.
- Drizzle the hot cream on the mixture of eggs (to not cook them).
- Add pumpkin puree and amaretto (almond liqueur) and stir.
- Strain and pour in 4 ramequins.
- Put the ramequins in a oven dish. Pour hot water in the dish, around the ramequins, until 2/3 of the height of the ramequins.
- Cook in the oven 30 to 40 minutes or until the center move a little bit when you move the dish.
- Let cool and put in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, put around 2 tablespoon of brown sugar on top of each creme brulee.
- Put in the oven at Broil unter the broiler. Until it is caramelized.
Yummy! I reduced this down to 1 serving and got 2 beautiful ramekins. Directions are spot on. The Brulee is not very sweet at all, leaving the sweetness to the crunchy brown sugar topping. Perfect. This is a wonderful Autumn recipe Boomie, thanks so much for sharing it. :)
If you love pumpkin, you will love this dessert! I used vanilla bean, and FF half and half in place of the cream. I got lots of compliments as my family ate their desserts, and especially my sister, who says she is going to make this to serve on Thanksgiving from now on she liked it so much! I might try it with Bailey's Irish Cream next time and see how it comes out. When you put the Ramekins under the broiler with the brown sugar, be sure to watch them closely, so they don't burn. Excellent dessert Boomie, and thank you for sharing it with us! Made for Newest Zaar Stars 2/09. Linda