1 hr 15 mins
Chandra M's Note:
Classy alternative to pie for a large Thanksgiving dinner. One of my husband's favorites, but I am not sure if it is just because he gets to play with fire...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325F with the rack in the center.
- 2Line a deep baking dish with a cloth and have tea kettle of boiling water ready.
- 3Butter the insides of 14 ramekins.
- 4In a heavy saucepan, combine the vanilla, cream, and 1/3 cup sugar.
- 5Heat on medium high until bubbles just form around the edges of the pan.
- 6Remove from heat and set aside to steep for 15 minutes.
- 7In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar and beat until the mixture is pale yellow and thick ribbons fall from the beater.
- 8Very gradually add 1/3 to 1/2 of the cream mixture to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- 9Be careful not to "scramble" the eggs.
- 10Once about half of the cream is in, the outside of the bowl should be warm and you can speed up the addition of cream.
- 11Stir in all of the spices.
- 12Fold in the pumpkin.
- 13Fill the buttered ramekins almost to the top (between 3/4 and full).
- 14Place them in the lined baking dish and carefully pour the boiling water into the dish about half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- 15Cover the pan loosely with foil and bake until custards are just set around the edges (30-45 minutes).
- 16Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes.
- 17Cover and refrigerate until chilled (about 4 hours).
- 18They will keep for about 3 days at this point.
- 19To serve, sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar over each dish and melt the sugar using a kitchen torch until evenly melted and golden.
- 20You may also put them under the broiler if you do not have a torch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 362.8 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated cane juice