1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Creme Brulee
3 hrs 45 mins
You don't have to wait for Thanksgiving to try this lovely treat. This is easy to make and highly recommended. I made 10 lovely 2-ounce brulees for a dessert buffet. When you make them smaller, remember they take less time to cook. You will have about 20 ounces of custard to divide between the number of ramekins you decide on. From Gale Gand, Food TV
My Private Note
4 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until it comes to a boil. Immediately turn off the heat and set aside to infuse at least 15 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the granulated sugar. Whisking constantly, gradually pour in the hot cream mixture. Whisk in the pumpkin puree.
- 4Strain mixture into a large glass measuring cup (the measuring cup makes it easier to pour into the ramekins without mess).
- 5Bake in the center of the oven until almost set but still a bit soft in the center, 30 to 40 minutes. The custard should "shimmy" a bit when you shake the pan; it will firm up more as it cools.(Center Temp will be between 161F-168F).
- 6Remove from the water bath and let cool 15 minutes. Tightly cover each ramekin with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic does not touch the surface of the custard.
- 7Refrigerate at least 2 hours, and up to 24 hours. Uncover the chilled custards. Pour as much coarse sugar as will fit onto the top of 1 of the custards. Pour off the remaining sugar onto the next custard. Repeat until all the custards are coated. Discard any remaining sugar.
- 8Fire up your kitchen torch and melt/brown the sugar. (You can do this under a broiler, but I feel it heats up the brulee too much. You want the top crisp but the brulee cold and that result is difficult with a broiler. If you love brulees like I do--buy a torch!).
- 9Let cool 1 minute before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.2
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 251.3 mg
- Sodium 72.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g