This is a decadent and different way to get your pumpkin dessert for the holidays.
Make and share this Pumpkin Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Arrange six 6-oz ramekins in a large metal baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan combine cream and sugars.
- Bring to a bare simmer over medium heat stirring till sugars dissolve.
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg yolks till frothy and lemon colored.
- Slowly add 3/4 c cream whisking constantly and then slowly adding the rest of the cream a little at a time to prevent the yolks from cooking.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin.
- Divide among the six ramekins.
- Place pan in oven and then ad enough water to the pan to go 1/2 way up the sides of ramekins.
- Bake just until centers are slightly set but not stiff, 45-55 minute.
- Remove and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but up to 24.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with 1/2 tablespoon sugar; use a kitchen torch to carefully caramelize.
- Prep time does not include chill time.
I served this for dessert at a Christmas party I had. Everyone said 4 stars. They really liked it. It's a little different then a creme brule but it is very good, rich, and filling.