Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's another pumpkin pie recipe with a butterscotch twist! The recipe makes a lot of filling, so now I usually use a 10" pie crust.
Top Review by Hwin
I was not a huge fan of this. It was way to sweet for me. It is more like pumpkin pudding than pumpkin pie, really. My husband and colleagues liked it, though, which is why I'm giving it four stars.
- 1 pie crust, 10-inch pie
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (again)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (24 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick bottom and sides of unbaked pie shell; brush the bottom with beaten egg white.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle into bottom of shell.
- Line the shell with heavy duty foil and fill it with pie weights or un-baked beans.
- Bake 9 minutes, then remove foil and weights, before baking another 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff. Measure out 1 1/3 cups and reserve the rest to use as a final topping.
- In large bowl, combine pudding mix, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, milk and pumpkin; mix well.
- Fold the 1 1/3 cups of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into cooled, baked crust and top with reserved whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until firm.