1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Creamy Pie
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here's another pumpkin pie recipe with a butterscotch twist! The recipe makes a lot of filling, so now I usually use a 10" pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust, 10-inch pie
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (again)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (24 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Prick bottom and sides of unbaked pie shell; brush the bottom with beaten egg white.
- 3In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle into bottom of shell.
- 4Line the shell with heavy duty foil and fill it with pie weights or un-baked beans.
- 5Bake 9 minutes, then remove foil and weights, before baking another 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- 6In small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff. Measure out 1 1/3 cups and reserve the rest to use as a final topping.
- 7In large bowl, combine pudding mix, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, milk and pumpkin; mix well.
- 8Fold the 1 1/3 cups of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- 9Pour into cooled, baked crust and top with reserved whipped cream.
- 10Refrigerate until firm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Creamy Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 127.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant butterscotch pudding mix