Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Real Simple"
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until smooth. Add the pumpkin, vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar and butter and beat on medium-low speed until fully incorporated.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of the mixture 2 inches apart on parchment or foil lined baking sheets. Bake until puffed and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Clean the mixer, then, as cookies bake, beat the cream cheese, heavy cream and confectioner's sugar until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the flat side half of the cooled cookies with the cream mixture. Top with the remaining cookies.