Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a Country America mag. about 5 years ago. It's a fluffy, creamy, light pie that I think you will really love!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 16 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with the sugar
- Beat first 5 ingredients together until fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Blend in pumpkin.
- Spoon into crust.
- Chill throughly.
- Top with whipped cream.
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyong enjoyed it. It is quite simple to prepare and doesn't take much time. The pie tastes more of pumpkin than of the spices. This makes for a subtler flavor than traditional pumpkin pie, but that's exactly what I wanted.