Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a delicious, refreshing, and very easy change of pace from ordinary pumpkin pie. Very light!! (Not a cheesecake!) My hubby prefers this to regular pumpkin pie!
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- Combine pumpkin, pudding, milk and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spoon into crust.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Let stand in refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
- (I've been impatient, and just chilled in fridge for 1 hour without freezing and it's still good!).
Excellent pie. My family went crazy for it this Thanksgiving. It was the only pie that was finished completely. Next year I will have to make 2. I made it with a Gingerbread crust. DELICIOUS!!
This is a favorite of my children. They both made this @ school in kindergarten & we have added it to our Thanksgiving tradition every since. The children make it themselves. I think children love it because it does not have as strong of a flavor as the traditional pumpkin pie.
Exactly what I was looking for. I used just under one cup of milk but more than three quarters, it was all I had. It was so light in flavor and texture. I used sugar free cool whip and pudding with skim milk. It set for about 30 minutes in the fridge, then I put it in the freezer 6hrs. I regretted that later when I wanted to eat more than the one slice I had thawed. My husband liked it too. I left it in the fridge over night 11 hrs (what never heard of pie for breakfast?) and it kept in the fridge.