Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
From Kraft Food and Family Magazine. These are wonderful!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix and pumpkin; mix well. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in sugar and egg; spoon over batter. Swirl gently with a small spoon.
- Bake 18 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
I am giving this 3 stars at this time. I had to much cream cheese mixture and when added to the cup cakes it took longer to cook and I don't feel that it added to the flavor of the cupcakes. I am going to try the recipe again, but instead of cupcakes I am going to make a cake, then just add a cream cheese icing to the cake.
These were awesome cupcakes! Perfect for any fall get together. They come together quickly. Tips: 1. I used a little ground clove, nutmeg and allspice to add a little more flavor. 2. I put the cream cheese mix into a plastic bag and cut off the tip. This made it easier to put on the tops plus I could do some heart designs (with a knife) or smiley faces for the kids. Mine needed 25 minutes of baking time. But check yours just in case. Maybe it was the silicone bakeware I used.