Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pumpkin squares marbled with cream cheese filling. Yum.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- For filling: whisk together cream cheese, sugar and egg until well blended. Set aside.
- For batter: Combine pumpkin, sugar, egg, and oil. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Pour into prepared pan.
- Drizzle cream cheese mixture over batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for marbled effect.
- Sprinkle with chocolate morsels, if desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into squares.